Well alright, so as a faithful reader of Kaya over at Under His Hand, I was tagged by technicality to do this meme. Shut up and deal with it. :)
The Rules (And Parlay is not one of them!):
1. Link to your original tagger and list these rules in your post
2. Share 7 facts about yourself in the post
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post, leave their names & links to their blogs
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged
I should mention that in the name of getting to know the blogger better, I’m formulating this meme entirely on ‘nilla facts about myself. You hear a lot about my thoughts/identity regarding kink, sexuality and gender, but a lot of my mundanities have remained hidden, not so much out of a great desire for privacy but more because I haven’t wanted to bore my kinky readers with all the “normal” stuff. So, here, have a peek at the life I lead that doesn’t involve sex toys, orgasms and all-around genderfuckery. On to the Meme of Seven:
- I am addicted to lip balm. It used to be mostly just ChapStick and all its myriad flavors and types, but lately I have been discovering the wonders of various natural lip balms. I NEVER leave the house without a tube in my pocket and I have a backup in my purse just in case.
- I am indisputably a chick in three very well-defined ways: I love (most) chick flicks, I love (most) chick music, and I love Glamour, the fashion magazine. HOWEVER. I do not drag unwilling victims to chick flicks, I do not leave that “Glamour for Your Guy” section “innocently” open on the table, and I will change my chick music if someone else is in the car who will not appreciate the upbeat sounds of the Mamma Mia! soundtrack or KT Tunstall for the millionth time. So I guess you could say I consider myself a considerate chick – in SOME ways. :D
- Forsaking all other creatures, I am a dog lover to the end. I rather pride myself on my knowledge of breeds and dog behavior/health in general; I think my love of dogs led me to become a vet tech although several months ago I switched careers for several reasons, none of which I’ll detail here for brevity’s sake. Needless to say: I like my cats, I like my various wee furry critters but dogs will always be my one true love (besides M of course, but then he is kind of like a big puppy).
- I love to paint my toenails, but my fingernails haven’t been painted since junior high. I think I stopped painting them when I started working in dog boarding kennels and eventually animal hospitals; it just didn’t make sense to keep my fingernails all pretty when they would just get filthy over and over again throughout the day. And for what it’s worth, my favorite color to paint my toenails is gold.
- I’m a total beach nut and love, love, love being outside at the beach, but otherwise I’m actually not a huuuuuge fan of being outdoors. I’m a big fan of cool, cloudy, rainy, stormy; I have been most unfortunate to live only in places plagued with too much sun, too little precipitation and far, FAR too much heat. The dream is to one day move further north into a climate where 80s is a heat wave and triple digits are nigh unheard of. It’ll happen… eventually.
- Heh, I am actually really horrible at these “come up with x-number of random facts about yourself” memes. I know there are more facts about me that I could share, but when it comes time to actually recall them and put them into writing, I go completely blank. Worse still, after blankness comes a state of being completely and totally sidetracked. Such as right now.
- My dog is really really cute. No, really. Look!
Okay, now I know the rules say to tag seven people for this, but a similar meme just went around the sex blogger circle (remember the Sexy Blogger Award?) and I don’t want to subject my comrades to a similar survey. Plus, since when have I ever followed the rules? So tellya what: if you want to fill out this meme, bloody well do it! If not… ah well. It was something for me to write at least.